So what is the OLEV scheme?
OLEV stands for the Office for Low Emission Vehicles and its purpose is to encourage car buyers to opt for an electric vehicle, by supporting the startup costs involved. You can get a financial contribution of up to £350, towards the cost of buying and installing a charging point, as long as the installation company is registered and qualifies.
OLEV administers two main schemes aimed at domestic and businesses, these schemes are:
- Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS)
- Workplace Charge Scheme (WCS)
For these schemes, both the manufacturer and the installers must be authorised by OLEV, BOOST EV are OLEV certified so please get in touch with us for any assistance required.
Electric Vehicle Home-charging Scheme (EVHS)
The majority of people who own electric vehicles will want to have a charge point installed at their home, so they can conveniently charge their car. This scheme finances the purchase and installation of a home EV charger and offers up to £350 discount.
How do I qualify for the EVHS scheme?
- You need to have purchased an eligible electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle or leased one for at least six months.
- You must have off street parking
- You must live in the UK
- You can’t have previously claimed for that vehicle
- Your vehicle must be eligible for the grant
- You must not exceed the limit of two OLEV funded charge points per household.
Workplace Charge Scheme (WCS)
This scheme gives financial support to businesses for the purchase and installation of EV car chargers. Like the EVHS scheme, it gives an upfront cost of up to £350 per outlet. Each business can claim up to 40 outlets instead of the domestic 2, equaling to an £14,000 saving overall.
How do I qualify for the WCS scheme?
- You must own the premises on which the chargers are to be installed or have landlord permission.
- Must offer off-street parking
- Can declare a need for electric vehicle charging equipment, or an intent to encourage uptake among their staff and/or fleet.
How do I apply for the OLEV scheme grant?
To claim your £350, purchase and select your installation with BOOST EV. Then provide us with your documentation for eligibility and we will take care of the rest.
Once your order has been placed, we will liaise with you to get the information needed and process the grant on your behalf.
Get in touch with BOOST EV today to kick start your installation!